Cochin International Airport Limited Unlisted Shares (CIAL) |Latest Share Price & Updates
Cochin Internatioal Airport share price has been a significant aspect of the company’s trajectory. In 2021, Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) emerged as India’s third busiest airport in handling international traffic. The airport now handles an average of 106 planes every day, including both domestic and international flights. During the pre-pandemic period, the Cochin airport handled 10 million passengers annually. Since beginning its operations in 1999, the airport now services flights to all countries in the Middle East, London, Male and Colombo. The airport is owned by a public-private partnership in which Kerala Government owns 32% stake. The airport has inked a bilateral air-bubble agreement with 28 nations to fly international passengers to these destinations.
Kochi remains the most populated city of Kerala, and commercial capital of Kerala. Kochi is also the number one district in terms of largest number of tourists visiting Kerala. Kochi remains the headquarters of the important government and commercial organizations namely Federal Bank, Cochin Shipyard, Kochi Refineries, Coconut Development Board, Coir Board.
|Symbol||Cochin International Airport Ltd.|
|Face Value (₹):||10|
|Demat Status:||NSDL & CDSL|
|Lot Size:||75 Shares|
The major earnings drivers of CIAL are landing fee, income from cargo operations, X-Ray screening charges, royalty income from subsidiaries, rent and services, and sale of duty free products. During FY 2020-21, the airport earned consolidated revenues of ₹ 296 crores with net loss of ₹ 92 crores due to suspension of international travel due to pandemic.
Cochin International Airport Limited(CIAL) has five subsidiary companies, namely:
- Cochin International Aviation Services Limited (CIASL): CIASL performs the aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul services for several international carriers operating at Cochin International Airport.
- Air Kerala International Services Limited (AKISL): AKSIL operates a low-cost airline business.
- CIAL Infrastructures Limited (CIL): CIL generates solar power for the airport building. CIL has already commissioned a 40 MWp solar power plant at the Airport premises, making CIAL World’s first fully solar powered Airport.
- CIAL Duty Free and Retail Services Limited (CDRSL): CDRSL is responsible for managing duty free and travel retail business at Cochin airport.
- Kerala Waterways and Infrastructures Limited (KWIL): KWIL operates an inland waterway between Kovalam and Bakel.
The registered office of CIAL is located at Room No. 35, 4th Floor, GCDA Commercial Complex, Marine Drive, Cochin.
- Cochin International Aviation Services Ltd.
- Air Kerala International Services Ltd.
- CIAL Infrastrutures Ltd.
- CIAL Dutyfree and Retail Services Ltd.
- Kerala Waterways and Infrastructures Ltd.
Board of Directors:
|Mr. Pinarayi Vijayan||Chief Minister of Kerala & Chairman|
|Mr. P.Rajeeve||Minister & Director|
|Mr. K.Rajan||Minister & Director|
|Dr. V.P.Joy||Chief Secretary & Director|
|Mr. Kuriakos Roy Paul||Director (Former Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Govt of India)|
|Ms. Ramani Damodaran||Director (Former Chief Engineer, Water Resources, Govt of Kerala)|
|Mr. N.V. George||Director (MD, M/s Geo Electricals Trading & Contracting Company Ltd, Sharjah)|
|Mr. M.A Yusuff Ali||Director (MD, M/s EMKE Group, Abudhabi)|
|Mr. E.M. Babu||Director (M/s Majeed Bukatara Trading Esst, Dubai, UAE)|
|Mr. S.Suhas IAS||Managing Director, CIAL|
Key Highlights Helps to Determine Cochin Internatioal Airport Share Price
- Ranked as India’s 3rd Largest Airport in terms of Handling International Passenger Traffic in 2021.
- With expanding middle class population & growing travel spend, Indian domestic aviation market size is expected to double by 2030, presenting business growth investment opportunities for investors.
- Domestic Air-freight market is expected to touch 1.1 million tonne from 0.8 million tonne by 2025 at a CAGR of 7-9% per annum on back of growing e-commerce & manufacturing sectors, increasing freight carrying capacity of planes and better aviation connectivity to smaller cities.
- The company has consistently been paying dividends since 2003-04.
|Net Profit Margin||31.00%||6.67%|
|Return on Equity||17.00%||2.63%|
Note:- Dividend payout = Total Dividend/Net Income.
It indicates, how much % of its Net Income, the company is paying out as dividend to its Shareholders.
|Total Income (₹ Crores)||954.83||524.20||296.65||810.08||807.37|
|PAT (₹ Crores)||292.74||34.99||-92.87||237.66||188.51|
|Book Value per Share (₹)||55.30||35.21||34.36||39.44||36.78|
|Equity (₹ Crores)||2115.56||1346.93||1314.59||1508.73||1407.03|
|Company||Market Cap (₹ Crores)||Profitability Margin (%)||ROCE (%)||ROE (%)||D/E Ratio||P/E Ratio||P/B Ratio||Book Value per Share (₹)|
|Cochin International Airport||7384.00||30.66%||14.42%||16.91%||0.32||25.43||3.49||55.30|
|Adani Enterprises Ltd||287200||1.94%||10.10%||9.63%||1.61||103.00||8.69||290.00|
|GMR Infrastructure Ltd||38509||-16.00%||4.84%||0.00%||0.00||0.00||0.00||-1.31|
Frequently Asked Questions
The buying and selling of unlisted shares and pre-IPO shares is fully legal and valid.
The procedure to buy the Cochin International Airport unlisted shares is fairly simple. Once you have settled on the price and quantity of the transaction, you would have to transfer the funds into the bank account of the seller.
When the funds are transferred and transaction details are shared with the seller, your demat account will be credited with the shares either on the same day of the fund transfer or before the end of the next working day.
In the secondary market, the transactions related to unlisted shares take place with the existing owners of the shares who are generally the employees or existing investors in the company. The company itself is not directly involved.
The Cochin International shares will get credited either the same day or before the end of the next working day when you transfer the funds into our bank account.
The minimum lot size varies on the basis of market conditions and demand and supply factors. To know the current lot size for Cochin International unlisted shares, please visit the stock page on our website: www.delistedstocks.in
There are many factors which influence the pricing of unlisted shares. Apart from the supply and demand factors, the latest transactions happened on the same stock, last funding round of the company, and valuation level of companies of the similar size affect the pricing of the unlisted shares.
Once the selling price and quantity of shares is agreed with us, we will provide you with an UTR number to transfer the shares. Once you have transferred the shares into our company’s demat account, funds are released into your bank account within 24 hours or before the end of the next working day of the transfer of the shares.
If your holding period is less than 2 years, then such income is treated as business income and liable to get taxed as per tax slab of the investor.
If your holding period is more than 2 years, then your profits would be subject to long-term capital gains tax. The current short-term capital gain tax rate is 20% after indexation.
The trading in unlisted shares is governed by Securities & Contract (Regulation) Act,1992. which comes under the preview of SEBI. The SEBI regulations become applicable when the stocks of the company get listed on the stock exchange. There is a minimum lock-in period of 6 months for pre-IPO investors.
The major risk associated with investing in unlisted stocks is the liquidity risk. The possible exit route for investors is either to sell to another investor or wait till the company gets listed on the stock exchange.
Yes, NRI’s can also buy and sell Cochin International Airport Ltd unlisted shares just like domestic investors. But their investment is on a non-repatriable basis.