The Scottish Assam (India) Ltd | Latest Share Price & Updates
The Scottish Assam (India) Ltd is a non-profit organization founded in 1977 based in Kolkata, India. The Scottish Assam (India) Ltd is engaged in the business of growing, manufacturing and marketing of teas produced in its Tea Estate named as Heeleakah Tea Estate District Jorhat (Assam). The company is engaged in the business of producing CTC varieties of tea and are popular with customers in the Indian domestic market under the brand name of Heeleakah.
The company started making teas from acquired leaf labeled ‘Dhopatbari,’ and it has been a success since then.
It is gratifying to report that the production for the financial year was 13.44 Lacs kgs. being 0.10 Lacs kgs. higher than the previous year’s production of 13.34 Lacs kgs. The Company’s focus has always been to produce quality teas which command a premium. The average price realization for the year was the same as the previous year. Tea Prices which opened with good demand during the current season & at the year end the prices were lower than the last year.
The Company performed profitably in its tea operations; however, the corporate loss reported is due to the drop in mark-to-market value of the company’s large investments. The Company continued with its development programme in the field and factory to improve productivity and quality of teas. The uprooting and replanting of old plant tea areas also continue as per programme to ensure better yields and crops.
The Scottish Assam extract of unaudited financial results 30 September 2022. The results can be seen as under:
The Scottish Assam (India) Ltd Extract Audited Financial Results for the Quarter and Year ended 31st March 2022
- Teas are no exception, with today’s tea industry demand focusing on exotic and mixed flavors of teas that are both novel and pleasant.
- As customer demands for innovation grow, RTD, sparkling teas, and flavored tea consumption habits are on the rise.
- New flavors like ginger, lemon, and cardamom are progressively attracting consumers’ attention. In recent years, herbal tea has gained in popularity.
- Consumers in India are increasingly concerned about their health and fitness. They are more knowledgeable and aware of the advantages of tea.
- People’s preferences have changed, and they are now willing to spend more for high-quality goods.
- The notion of dedicated tea cafes and lounges is gaining traction and is quickly becoming a favorite hangout for young people.
|Symbol:||The Scottish Assam (India) Ltd|
|Face Value (₹):||10|
|Demat Status:||NSDL & CDSL BOTH|
Board of Directors:
|Mr. Dhirendra Kumar||Director|
|Ms. Shashi Kumar||Director|
|Ms. Divya Jalan||Director|
|Mr. Hemant Kumar Agrawal||Director|
|Mr. Golam Momen||Independent Director|
|Mr. Ghanshyam Das Gupta||Independent Director|
|Mr. Naveen Bansal||Independent Director|
|Mr. Gaurav Gupta||Independent Director|
Key Business Highlights
- In FY 2020, the company’s total production of tea was 15.96 lakh kgs, which includes 2.52 lakh kgs produced from bought leaves.
- Revenue from Operations of the company remained stable from Rs. 3,148 lakhs in FY 2020 to Rs. 3,150.74 lakhs in FY 2021.
- The EBITDA of the company turned from a loss of Rs. 261.33 lakhs in FY 2020 to a profit of Rs. 570.23 lakhs in FY 2021.
- The company turned profitable again in FY 2021 and made a profit of Rs. 1,419.56 lakhs as against a loss of Rs. 416.26 lakhs in FY 2020.
- The current ratio of the company as on 31st Mar, 2020 was 0.53
- The total borrowings of the company as on 31st Mar, 2021 was Rs. 396.58 lakhs.
- The debt to equity ratio of the company as on 31st Mar, 2021 was 0.07
- The Scottish Assam (India) ltd. has given a dividend of Rs. 4 per equity shares for FY 2020.
|Net Profit Margin||27%||33%|
|Return on Equity||18%||26%|
Note:- Dividend payout = Total Dividend/Net Income.
It indicates, how much % of its Net Income, the company is paying out as dividend to its Shareholders.
|Total Income (₹ Crores)||42.94||43.53||31.57||32.66|
|PAT (₹ Crores)||11.49||14.20||-4.16||4.90|
|Basic & Diluted EPS||143.65||177.45||-52.03||61.26|
|Book Value per Share (₹)||817.26||673.71||503.52||561.22|
|Equity (₹ Crores)||65.38||53.90||40.28||44.90|
|Company||Market Cap (₹ Crores)||Profitability Margin (%)||ROCE (%)||ROE (%)||D/E Ratio||P/E Ratio||P/B Ratio||Book Value per Share (₹)|
|The Scottish Assam (India) Ltd||51||27%||19%||18%||0.06||4.42||0.78||817.26|
|Diana Tea Company Ltd||43||10%||13%||12%||0.34||6.02||0.75||39.22|
|Terai Tea Co Ltd||47||13%||7%||8%||0.22||4.23||0.32||209.70|
Frequently Asked Questions
The buying and selling of unlisted shares and pre-IPO shares is fully legal and valid.
The procedure to buy the Scottish Assam India unlisted shares is fairly simple. Once you have settled on the price and quantity of the transaction, you would have to transfer the funds into the bank account of the seller.
When the funds are transferred and transaction details are shared with the seller, your demat account will be credited with the shares either on the same day of the fund transfer or before the end of the next working day.
In the secondary market, the transactions related to unlisted shares take place with the existing owners of the shares who are generally the employees or existing investors in the company. The company itself is not directly involved.
The Scottish Assam India shares will get credited either the same day or before the end of the next working day when you transfer the funds into our bank account.
The minimum lot size varies on the basis of market conditions and demand and supply factors. To know the current lot size for Scottish Assam India Ltd unlisted shares, please visit the stock page on our website: www.delistedstocks.in
There are many factors which influence the pricing of unlisted shares. Apart from the supply and demand factors, the latest transactions happened on the same stock, last funding round of the company, and valuation level of companies of the similar size affect the pricing of the unlisted shares.
Once the selling price and quantity of shares is agreed with us, we will provide you with an UTR number to transfer the shares. Once you have transferred the shares into our company’s demat account, funds will be released into your bank account within 24 hours or before the end of the next working day of the transfer of the shares.
If your holding period is less than 2 years, then such income is treated as business income and liable to get taxed as per tax slab of the investor.
If your holding period is more than 2 years, then your profits would be subject to long-term capital gains tax. The current short-term capital gain tax rate is 20% after indexation.
The trading in unlisted shares is governed by Securities & Contract (Regulation) Act,1992 which comes under the preview of SEBI. The SEBI regulations become applicable when the stocks of the company get listed on the stock exchange. There is a minimum lock-in period of 6 months for pre-IPO investors.
The major risk associated with investing in unlisted stocks is the liquidity risk. The possible exit route for investors is either to sell to another investor or wait till the company gets listed on the stock exchange.
Yes, NRI’s can also buy and sell Scottish Assam India unlisted shares just like domestic investors. But their investment is on a non-repatriable basis.